1. In karate, start with a bow and finish with a bow.
2. No initiative attack in karate.
3. Karate is a great assistance to justice.
4. Know yourself first and then others.
5. Spirit first, techniques second.
6. Be ready to release your mind.
7. Accidents come out of idleness.
8. Do not think that you can learn karate only in the dojo.
9. It will take your entire life to learn karate.
10. Karate-ize everything.
11. Karate is just like boiling water, if you do not give heat constantly, it will again become cold water.
12. Do not think you have to win. Think, rather, that you do not have to lose.
13. Victory depends on your ability to tell vulnerable points from in vulnerable ones.
14. Move according to your opponent.
15. Consider your opponent’s hands and feet as you would a sharp sword.
16. As soon as you leave home for work, think that millions of opponents are waiting for you.
17. Low stance for beginners; natural stance for advanced students.
18. Practicing a kata is one thing and engaging in a real fight is another.
19. Do not forget [a] strength and weakness of power [b] bending down and the stretching up of body [c] slowness and speed of techniques.
20. Devise at all times.
Tonight in the black belt training, we practised Niju Shiho. It can be viewed on one of these videos…quite amazing really!